In Episode 10 of the Wandering But Not Lost Podcast, co-hosts Matt Emerson and Jan O’Brien discuss spotlighting local business in your marketing efforts which will strengthen your local presence and increase your exposure. In the Reach Your Peak segment, they cover the 4 Principles of Agent Team Building. And in Wandering Zen, Matt continues his trek through NYC and talks about his top 5 park-picks in the city.
WBNL 52 Tip –Local Business Spotlight
This strategy is a great additional value-added benefit for your database and other marketing efforts (farming, target marketing).
- Identify business owners in your community to approach with idea – take to coffee or lunch
- Series of cross promotional endorsements between you and other business
- Each endorsement must include a benefit to recipient (coupon, discount, item of value)
- Promote in your monthly newsletter to your past clients , mailing lists (database)
- Create a marketing flyer and use it during the month at open houses – whenever you meet prospects
- Use the marketing promotion in your farming
- Include these business owners in a local business directory (online or hard copy document)
- Include/ Invite them to your client appreciation events – possible sponsors
Reach Your Peak – 4 Principles of Agent Team Building
Real Estate Team Builder Principle #1 – Begin with the End in Mind: Build a Saleable Asset & Create Your Exit Strategy
- What is your ultimate outcome – the end game for your real estate business?
- What is your exit strategy?
Real Estate Team Builder Principle #2 – Run it like a Business
- Are you running a real estate business, or is IT running you?
- Running it like a business means you have made that mindset and operational shift to working and thinking as a small business owner.
- It means you have effective and efficient business and real estate systems in place to support your company.
Real Estate Team Builder Principle #3 – Brokerage within a Brokerage Model
- Enjoy the many benefits that come with building your team within a company that supports team building.
Real Estate Team Builder Principle #4 – Work “ON” your business while working “IN” your business
E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- Time Block – schedule time weekly to work ON your system and business
- Operations Manual – start with Listing & Sales
- Think Franchise – Duplicatable Systems
- Expansion / satellite teams in other markets
Wandering Zen – NYC.2
Overwhelmed and don’t know where to start planning your next NYC getaway? With literally thousands and thousands of things to see and do, it can make even the most detailed planner manic. In this series, we’ll devour the big apple one little bite at a time. Let’s Wander our 5 favorite parks in Gotham
1 – Bryant Park
2 – Madison Square Park
3 – The High Line
4 – Riverside Park
5 – The New York Botanical Garden
The perception that New York is all skyscrapers and traffic is wrong in so many ways! The city has so many public open spaces and each is unique with its own history and beauty. We gave you 5, so after exploring them get out and discover a few more and remember to Be Forever Wandering But Not Lost.
For more detail on these magical urban spaces, visit our Wandering But Not Lost site ~ GO NOW
Madison Square Park
The High Line
New York Botanical Gardens
Mentioned in the Episode (Resources & Links)
- The Local Business Spotlight Connection – Full blog post
- WBNL Podcast Episode 6 – Create Your Operations Manual (download)
- Download the Real Estate Business System
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It
- Wandering Zen In NYC.2 – The Parks of Gotham Click here for full blog post
- Learn more about our Real Estate Team Builder Program (Agent Team Building in a Box)
- Join the Wanderers Club for real estate business systems, social media training and more (only $197/year)
- Get travel tips & insights at Wandering But Not Lost
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST!
Share this Episode!