In Episode 103 of the Wandering But Not Lost Podcast, co-hosts Matt Emerson and Jan O’Brien discuss your role as a consultant with future sellers and how you need to arm yourself with every tool available so that you can secure your next listing. In Wandering Zen, we go to the movies to learn powerful life lessons from the Disney animated film archive!
WBNL 52: Listing Acquisitions
Embracing the iBuyer is your new LISTING ACQUISITION STRATEGY!
Offer(s) Presentation vs. Listing Presentation
Consumers ARE going to Open Door – Zillow to find out what they would offer for cash because of the massive advertising effort ongoing now!
The ibuyer is selling and marketing:
- Convenience – no showing your home; preparing for market
- Certainty – cash offer that can close in 14 days now
- Control – choose your closing date, other incentives
The Houston Association Of Realtors conducted a survey to consumers in their market area and these were their findings related to iBuyers. 80% of consumers just want knowledge and information. That information could come directly from the iBuyer or it could come from you!
Keep your clients in the know. It’s a New year and a new message for your clients. Be the information provider before someone else does.
Get iREP certified – learn the process and leverage all the tools, systems and marketing materials. The ongoing education and networking with other PROS around the country is invaluable
Listen to our Interview with Dan Noma, Jr
Episode 97 http://wbnlpodcast.com/episode97/
- Contact me directly to get a discount code for the IREP Certification – Jan O’Brien 702-858-9191.
- Call your Database/SOI NOW! Download the script below
- Create a landing page – leverage the site template that comes with iREP in your marketing. Here is the one the O’Brien-Morabbi Team is using: http://selecthomesoffers.com/
- Include information about iBUYERS in your listing marketing and presentation materials
- Circle Prospect – Expireds – FSBOS
- Online advertising – Facebook, Instagram
- Your message is “let me be your trusted advisor; Why not look at multiple cash offers and compare the bottom line with placing your home on the market; Homeowner is giving up Equity for the Convenience, Certainty, and Control
- Let your client DECIDE what’s best for them!
BONUS DOWNLOAD – iBuyer Script for your SOI – Click HERE
How many times in your life has someone reminded you to learn from your successes or mistakes and use them as opportunities to grow? It is always a good idea to take some time to reflect.
If you are always striving to sand down some of your rough edges or enhance the qualities where you shine you never have to look much farther than a classic Disney animated film to learn some of the best life lessons…
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs ~ December 21, 1937
- Beauty is not what you look like but who you are
- Don’t talk to strangers (and don’t let them in your house)
- It’s wonderful to have friends
- You can appeal to the goodness in everyone
Pinocchio ~ February 7, 1940
- If you are brave and truthful, and you listen to your conscience, you will find salvation
- Consequences happen when you make the wrong choice
Dumbo ~ October 23, 1941
- We are all perfectly imperfect
- Believe in yourself, and in others
Bambi ~ August 13, 1942
- It has everything to do with wildlife and forest preservation. The big wildfire near the end of the movie symbolized how carelessness when camping came to lead to destruction, destroying animals’ homes and killing them
- “If you can’t say somethin’ nice, don’t say nothin’ at all.”
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad ~ October 5, 1949
- If you play, you must pay. Mr. Toad must atone for his motor mania!
Cinderella ~ February 15, 1950
- Kindness towards all, forgiving others for doing wrong and never letting bad things ruin your heart
- Keep dreaming, despite all the obstacles
Alice in Wonderland ~ July 28, 1951
- From owlcation.com
- Life can be much more muchier
- Dream of impossible things
- You are a different person today than you were yesterday
- Sometimes you have to fall down a rabbit hole to get where you need to be!
- All who wander are not lost!
Peter Pan ~ February 5, 1953
- Stay Focused on What Really Matters
- Don’t Underestimate your Enemies
- Love Your Mother
- True Friends will always remember you
- Never Grow Up
Lady and the Tramp ~ June 22, 1955
- Keep growing
- Keep exploring
- Keep doing
- Keep moving
Sleeping Beauty ~ January 29, 1959
- True love can conquer anything
- Living happily ever after can happen!
The Jungle Book ~ October 18, 1967
- Always Be Teachable.
- Embrace Your Surroundings
- Enjoy Your Life, Laugh with Your Friends and Learn to Relax
- Take Time to Appreciate People
- Approve of Yourself
- Face Your Fears
- Try New Things
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ~ March 11, 1977
- All bodies are beautiful
- Sometimes it’s totally cool to just do nothing at all
- Live in the moment ‘”What day is it?” ‘”It’s today,” squeaked Piglet. ‘”My favorite day,” said Pooh
The Little Mermaid ~ November 17, 1989
- It’s okay not to want the same life as your parents
- Your voice is your most prized possession. Don’t let anyone take it from you. EVER!
- The human world is a mess!
Beauty and the Beast ~ November 22, 1991
We should value inward characteristics such as kindness over other superficial qualities, such as wit and appearance.
Always stand up for your morals and values
Aladdin ~ November 25, 1992
- Infinite strength and wealth come from within, and it is best to be yourself because poor or rich you are a “diamond in the rough”
- You are Greater than your Situation
The Nightmare Before Christmas ~ October 29, 1993
- Trying and failing isn’t really failure if you’re brave in the attempt
The Lion King ~ June 15, 1994
- Never forget who you are or from whence you came
- Being brave doesn’t mean you go looking for trouble
- Face your fears and never be afraid to go home!
Pocahontas ~ June 23, 1995
- Follow the beat of your own drum.
- “Listen with your hear
- Embrace change
- Be open to other cultures
Toy Story ~ November 22, 1995
- Enjoy every moment!
The Hunchback of Notre Dame ~ June 21, 1996
- Don’t let your life pass you by
- Don’t judge people based on their appearance
- Doing the right thing sometimes means going against people who are higher in the totem pole
- Who the monster is and who the man depends on your point of view
Mulan ~ June 19, 1998
- Stand up for what you believe in
- Everything happens in its own time
- Don’t be afraid to be yourself
- Take charge of your own destiny
Finding Nemo ~ May 30, 2003
- Our horizons broaden and we make new friends when we persevere in the face of adversity and overcome our fears in order to face the world head-on
- Never, ever give up. Ever. You might just be on the brink of your miracle
Cars ~ June 9, 2006
- Appreciate the road less traveled!
WALL-E ~ June 27, 2008
- Respect our environment before it is too late!
Up ~ May 29, 2009
- True love really is forever. It truly has no end
- To hold each other’s hands through thick and thin is what love is
- Your love for adventure doesn’t have to be limited by age
- To become a family, it is not mandatory to be related by blood
The Princess and the Frog ~ December 11, 2009
- Keep your promises
- Be persistent
Frozen ~ November 22, 2013
- Nothing is impossible, and you should never let menacing odds discourage you from dreaming
Inside Out ~ June 19, 2015
- Contradictory emotions can work in concert
- Happiness is not just about joy
- Sadness is vital to our well-being
- Mindfully embrace tough emotions
Coco ~ November 22, 2017
- Family Is Everything: Friends will come and go, but a family will be there forever, so you should treat them with respect, prioritize them, and most importantly: never forget them