In Episode 14 of the Wandering But Not Lost Podcast, co-hosts Matt Emerson and Jan O’Brien share email marketing tips and best practices. In the Reach Your Peak segment, they have a conversation with broker, team owner and business coach David Squier about an effective hiring process and system for finding the right people for your team. It’s back to the Big Apple in Wandering Zen for NYC.4 and Matt’s top 5 picks for the best pizza in New York.
WBNL 52 Tip – eMail Marketing Tips
In last week’s WBNL 52, we covered 10 ways to build your mailing list. This week we build on that business strategy and share some tips and best practices for using email to market to your database and various email lists.
Overall, our recommendation is to have a multi-type connection plan for leads and past clients/your database that includes:
- Social media messages
- Personal notes
Let’s talk specifically in this tip about email marketing.
What can you use for email marketing?
- Your current CRM
- Does your real estate website have a CRM or email drip campaign feature?
- Does your company offer a CRM you could use?
- How about your local or state Association of REALTORS? Check to see if there are any member benefits or discounts available for a CRM
- eMail Marketing & List Services
TIP: Remember, if you use these email services, you must have an opt-in, permission-based list. Do NOT buy a list, upload it and start emailing to the list if you don’t have permission or get their opt-in first. You could be black-listed if you receive too many SPAM complaints. Leverage calls- to -action on your websites and landing pages that integrate with one of these services.
How often should you email your lists?
Buyer & Seller Leads
- Initial 10-14 day conversion plan that includes emails and other connection types (calls, texts, social media, video email)
- Then based on qualifying the lead, set them up on a short or long-term campaign
Your Database – at a minimum send a monthly item of value or your newsletter
What do you send?
- Monthly Newsletter – educate, entertain, sell, ask for referrals
- Invitations to client appreciation events
- Just listed/just sold quarterly success email
Reach Your Peak – Hiring System with David Squier
WBNL Hiring & Onboarding System
Phase 1 – Attract/Hire
- Create Job Description
- Write an Ad & Post It
- Candidate Screening Process
- Use a separate email for recruiting
- Review and screen applications and resumes to decide on who meets threshold requirements for next step
- Send email requesting applicant take the DISC assessment and to send both reports back to you
- Review and sort results of DISC based on needs for position
- Send task/project email to selected applicants
- Follow-up email to non-selectees
- Make selections and call / email to schedule Phone Interview
Phase 2 – Onboard/Training
- Use your Team Operations & Procedures Manual
- Snag it / Camtasia screenshots for Video tutorials
- Utilize an Onboarding & Training Checklist
Phase 3 – 90 Day Review/Manage/Retain
- Establish Performance Goals & Objectives
- Conduct 90-Day Review
- Set Quarterly/Annual Goals (Business/Personal Development)
- Communication, Coaching & Feedback
About Our Guest – David Squier, Team Owner, Broker & Productivity Coach
David is actually two people in one. One David is a fun-loving, engaging people person. The other David is a fanatic for organization and technology. Good thing, too. That combination of an easy-going manner and a relentless attention to details is what separates an average agent from a great one. Transactions run smoother. Buyers are happier. Sellers are happier. Everyone wins.
David is an accomplished real estate coach, trainer and speaker, With over 28 years of real estate experience, he has excelled in all levels of the real estate industry including top-producing mega team leader, broker-manager, owner-broker, and business coach. David has a natural ability and passion for coaching, training, mentoring & business development and has consistently guided people to the breakthrough moment in their careers. This has allowed him to grow his Las Vegas sales team for so many successful years as well as training, coaching & consulting others to success. If you can’t reach David at any given time, he’s probably spending it with his two daughters (Abby and Madelynn) and his Fiancé Tiffany.
Connect with David Squier (702-278-3580) on LinkedIn, LVHomeBuys.com
Wandering Zen – NYC.4: Wandering New York for the best Pizza
Overwhelmed and don’t know where to start planning your next NYC getaway? With literally thousands and thousands of things to see and do, it can make even the most detailed planner manic. In this series, we’ll devour the big apple one little bite at a time. That makes me hungry so let’s go wander and find some pie in NYC!
1 – Lombardi’s
Known as the oldest Pizza Place in America, Lombardi’s is a staple in Little Italy. Make a reservation but be prepared to wait a bit. It’s a classic. Don’t miss it/
2 – John’s Pizza
John’s boasts the oldest pizza over in the city. The pies are delicious but bring your patience because John’s can have a line down the street.
3 – Ray’s Pizza
For some of the3 best greasy pizza in New York, head over to Ray’s! It fits the bill and your belly will be full!
4 – Pazza Notte
This sit-down restaurant offers up a fantastic bar and great energy – and the pizza is great as well!
5 – Grimaldi’s Pizza
Either walk over the Brooklyn Bridge and then reload on your carbs or take another route and walk back over to Manhattan to burn the pizza off! Great selection, and great atmosphere over in Dumbo!
New York City is literally covered with pizza option. These are some of our favorites but we’d love to hear from you. Where are your favorite places to dive into a delicious pizza in NYC?
Mentioned in the Episode (Resources & Links)
- Learn more about our Real Estate Team Builder Program( Agent Team Building in a Box)
- WBNL 52 Tip: eMailMarketing Tips
- Read the full blog post on our Hiring System
- Snag-it Screen Capture for Tech Smith
- Camtasia Screen Recording& Video Editing Software
- Wandering But Not Lost: NYC Pizza
- Join the Wanderers Club for real estate business systems, social media training and more (only $197/year)
- Get travel tips & insights at Wandering But Not Lost
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST!
Share this Episode!