In Episode 43 of the Wandering But Not Lost Podcast, co-hosts Matt Emerson and Jan O’Brien launch the 2018 Gratitude Challenge in this week’s WBNL 52. In Reach Your Peak they discuss The Power of Gratitude w/ Loreen O’Brien and just a few days short of a monumental election we are going to Wander the Vote with an Election PSA and a Presidential Road Trip that will hopefully inspire you to get out and cast your ballot.
WBNL 52 – 2018 Gratitude Challenge
The 2018 Gratitude Challenge
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
At Wandering But Not Lost (WBNL) Coaching, we are sponsoring a 21-day Gratitude Challenge to encourage the development of a daily habit and practice of gratitude. Here is how it works and how you can participate:
- Make a commitment to the challenge and just begin today!
- You need an Instagram or Facebook account
- For the next 21 days, post a daily image on Instagram or Facebook with what or who you are grateful for today.
- Use the hashtag #WBNLGratitude in your daily post.
- All the #WBNLGratitude posts will be included on our social wall: https://wbnlcoaching.com/wbnl-social-live/
- All participants who complete the 21-day challenge (prior to 11-30-18) will receive a T-Shirt of their choice from our Wandering But Not Lost Shop
A Gratitude Journal is an excellent and easy way to practice daily journaling. Just follow these simple steps to cultivating more gratitude and happiness in your life:
- Select a journal or notebook that interests or inspires you. Visit a bookstore and see what jumps out for you – discover if you prefer ruled or un-ruled, blank pages. My personal preference is the Moleskin notebooks – the blank, unlined versions.
- Get a favorite pen or writing instrument. Don’t underestimate the value of a great pen!
- At the end of the day simply answer this question in your gratitude journal –
Today I am grateful for…
- What happened today that made you smile?
- Who are you thankful for today?
- Notice and record memorable moments
- Notice and write down synchronicities
- Celebrate the small things
Pay it Forward – Share the Gratitude
- Send a personal note to someone
- Don’t complain for 24 hours
- Give someone a heartfelt compliment
- Leave a bigger than normal tip for great service
- Pay for the order of the person behind you in line
More Gratitude Resources
In her best selling book “Simple Abundance – A Day Book of Comfort and Joy “ Sarah Ban Breathnach takes the reader on a daily inspirational and transformational journey toward self-discovery and awareness weaving these 6 major themes of gratitude, simplicity, order, harmony, beauty, and joy.
Check out these articles on Gratitude:
- Why Gratitude Makes Life Better and 40+ Ways to Get Started
- 50 Ways to Show Gratitude for the People in Your Life
Reach Your Peak – The Power of Gratitude w/ Loreen O’Brien
Loreen is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor who specializes in teaching folks Wellness Tools. She offers Telehealth Counseling and Coaching, meaning sessions are done online using a secure telehealth platform.
Loreen has over 20 years of combined experience as a therapist, clinical chaplain, and public school teacher as well as extensive training in the use of very effective wellness approaches such as EFT/Tapping, Yoga Nidra, Pranayama Breathing Techniques and more. You can find Loreen online at her main counseling website: https://wesleychapelcounseling.com/ or at her new Free Soul Academy course platform https://freesoulacademy.com/. Start learning some free wellness tools by joining her Free Soul Academy Closed Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/FreeSoulAcademy/
Wandering Zen – Wandering the Vote – A Presidential Road Trip
Tuesday, November 6th is election day in America. The balance of power is at stake and it is important that you make your voice heard.
Many of you may have early voted but if you haven’t and you don’t know where to show up next week click the link below and find your polling place.