In Episode 44 of the Wandering But Not Lost Podcast, Jan O’Brien recaps her recent visit to the 2018 REALTOR Conference and Expo in Boston and then Matt & Jan chat about where she wandered during her free time.
Reach Your Peak – Recaps of the 2018 REALTOR Conference and Expo
After 26 years in the real estate industry, I finally attended my first NAR Annual Conference & Expo and it was in my hometown of Boston! I also had the pleasure and great opportunity to speak to a group of brokers, managers and team leaders on a topic I am particularly passionate about: “Attracting & Coaching Agent Teams.”
I am happy to report that there is a great interest and demand for more information, training and support for all things agent team building! I met some great people who had a lot of questions and desire to learn how they can attract and support teams in their respective brokerages.
Here are my key takeaways from my #NARAnnual:
- Next Conference (which is in San Francisco in 2019), I am committed to attending more sessions! This trip for me was equally for business and family. Two of my sisters came to Boston with me and we reconnected with our hometown (birthplace) and had a wonderful family reunion with our aunt, uncle, cousins and second cousins. I had not been back to Boston in 10 years and for my sisters, it had been 19 years. It was simply awesome! More about wandering Boston in the WZ segment of this episode….From General to Education sessions, you can choose from a variety of topics designed for agents and brokers alike. Check out this link for the lineup of sessions and events: https://www.conference.realtor/event-type/education-sessions/I also recommend visiting https://www.conferencelive.realtor for videos, photos, and recaps from this year’s Conference.
- Make time for the EXPO Hall. There were 423 Exhibitors… enough said.
- NAR Conference APP is the bomb!
- Networking is really what it is all about. This is always one of the best reasons to attend an industry conference. Meeting and networking with other professionals is fun and can lead to developing business relationships and potential referrals.
- .Realtor and .RealEstate extensions for your online presence. Register your name or niche today at https://www.get.realtor/
- Definitely Explore the Host City!
Wandering Zen – Wandering Bean Town
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, Boston is one of the best wandering cities ever! It’s fairly compact and it is jammed with history, sites, sounds, and pubs! In this week’s Wandering Zen we experience Boston with Jan O’Brien and her sistas! Let’s hit the trail…
Freedom Trail – Old North Church
Boston Public Garden
More on Boston
You’ll be well educated about the sites around town after your visit to the Prudential Tower, but just so you don’t miss some of our favorites, follow the links below to some earlier posts we’ve put together of Bean Town:
- BOSTON FROM THE SKY
- BOSTON’S FREEDOM TRAIL
- FENWAY PARK IS ARGUABLY THE MOST FAMOUS BALLPARK IN THE MLB
- THE GLASS FLOWERS OF THE HARVARD MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY ARE A TRUE MIND BLOWER
- BARTHOLDI DOES BOSTON
- MAKE WAY FOR DUCKLINGS IN BOSTON’S PUBLIC GARDEN
- FANEUIL HALL – THE HOME OF FREE SPEECH
- LEONARD P. ZAKIM BUNKER HILL BRIDGE – COME ON YOU KNOW WHAT BRIDGE THIS IS!
If you are looking for a great breakfast, do not miss the Paramount Cafe at 44 Charles Street in Beacon Hill!
Boston Public Garden
Old North Church, Boston
Holocaust Memorial, Boston
Fenway Park, Boston
Faneuil Hall, Boston
Mentioned in the Episode (Resources & Links)
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace
- The Freedom Trail
- Uniqlo Store
- Join the Wanderers Club for real estate business systems, social media training and more (only $197/year)
- Get travel tips & insights at Wandering But Not Lost
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST!
Share this Episode!