In Episode 48 of the Wandering But Not Lost Podcast, co-hosts Matt Emerson and Jan O’Brien discuss the importance of the benefits and the takeaways when reflecting upon the past year, and then in Wandering Zen, Matt and special guest David Townsend set out and wander with some fantastic New Year’s Eve experiences.
Reach Your Peak: Reflection and Celebration of Your 2018
In our 25+ years of experience in the real estate industry, we consistently observe that most driven and success-minded individuals have a tendency to focus on what they haven’t achieved yet. They are always moving on to the next goal or challenge without stopping, however briefly, to acknowledge the victory or success of the present moment.
So, as you fine-tune your goals and your business plan for a successful new year, we encourage you to take some time to reflect on the previous year with a focus on the positives. Conduct a review of the previous year by writing down every success, win, and positive thing that you experienced – both big and small.
Review your calendar for highlights. Go to your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter timelines to jog your memory, as we tend to post positive events and milestones on social media.
Use the questions listed below as a guide to help you get started. Just write it all downstream of consciousness – no matter how seemingly insignificant. Just write it down. Once you start writing, you’ll be surprised at how much you really have to celebrate!
- List all your accomplishments, wins, victories, successes in the past year.
- List all moment of joy and gratitude.
- What did you do this year that you are really proud of?
- What do other people in your life have to say about what you did, accomplished, and contributed? Client testimonials or reviews? Did you receive a personal note or card?
- Who came into your life and/or business this past year that really made a positive impact on you?
- What did you love most about your business this year?
- What did you love most about your personal life this year?
- What did you do this year that moved you toward your goals? Personally and Professionally
Turning any negatives into positives and challenges into opportunities
- What did you NOT love about this year?
- What didn’t work so well this year?
- What time or energy sucks did you run into that were not supportive or positive?
- What opportunities did you miss?
- What lessons did you gain from any setbacks, challenges or obstacles?
- How are you going to integrate any learnings in to your future goals and the coming year?
Download the Celebrating Your Success Workbook HERE
Wandering Zen: Wandering the World for New Year’s Eve
Today we have invited David Townsend back to the WBNL Podcast Studio to share a few stories about his European New Year’s Eve Wanderings, we’ve also included some highlights from a few other noteworthy festivities around the globe.