Enter our “You Think You Know Disneyland” trivia contest to WIN a
$150 Disney Gift Card or Wandering Wear! Details below.
WBNL 52: What’s Your Hashtag Strategy?
What is a Hashtag?
A word or phrase preceded by a hash mark (#), used within a post to identify a keyword or topic of interest and facilitate a search for it.
- Hashtags are a word, or group of words after the # sign to identify a keyword or topic (like #realestate, #mycompany, #happynewyear or anything else)
- An easy way for people to categorize, find and join conversations on a particular topic or interest
- Used on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Facebook and even LinkedIn!
How many Hashtags should you use per post? The general concensus and research says 2-3. Instagram allows up to 30 but research shows that more than 10 will decrease views.
Do some research (Instagram and Twitter)
- On Instagram – just go to Search and you can discover and research hashtags by:
- Hashtags.org– You can find trending, declining and constant trends, as well as metrics about your social brand
- Trendsmap– This site gives you a real-time visual map to see geographic hashtag trends on Twitter. As a local business, this is a great way to quickly know what’s trending in your area.
Define Your Hashtags for these Categories
- Industry – Industry hashtags may not be directly related to what’s in the post but are specific to the industry and clients you serve.
- Company – this could be your name, team name or company name.
- Your brand – Branded hashtags are hashtags that you and your customers use to showcase and tag your content
- Your niche / target markets – Niche hashtags are specific to the target audience you’re trying to reach.
Content hashtags are specific to the actual post, for example:
- Campaign Specific
- Content specific
Create Your Hashtags and Call To Action Swipe File
- Identify your primary and secondary Hashtags for the various types (Industry, your brand, niche, etc.)
- Know what and where you want to drive traffic to from your social sites
- Landing Page (Home search, Home Value Report)
- Your Website
- Form to complete in exchange for something of value (home search, relocation or other report or download, etc)
- Call, email or text you
- Write your CTA’s and have several variations
- Write out all of your hashtags by type or campaign
- Create a document with all of your CTA’s and Hashtags on your computer so you can cut and paste easily
- If you will be posting from your mobile device:
- Use the Notes app
- Dropbox or Evernote
Here is an example from the WBNL Coaching Swipe File:
#realestateteams r#ealestateagentteams #agentteambuilding #realestateteamtraining #realestateteambuildingtips #realestateteamcoach #realestateteambuilder
#wbnlcoaching #janobrien #mattemerson #wanderingbutnotlost #wbnl #alignconnectprosper #getupandgetout #wbnlgratitude
#realestateagenttraining #realestatecoach #realestatecoaching #realestaettrainer #realestatespeaker
Reach Your Peak: Interview w/ Juan & Claudia from the Matilde Marketing Agency – Creating Powerful Video from A – Z
The importance of Video
- Make an Impression!
- 3 main reasons
- Improve your SEO Rankings
- B2B or a Product yo build a trust. It’s a trustworthy form of communication
- 81% of homeowners say they’re more likely to list with a realtor that use video, only 10% of agents put their listing on youtube.
- So that you are front and center when you use video for your listings – always use the street address for the house. Most people that do a search will start there and your video will show up in that search!
Let’s cut to the most important part! How to make videos… Here is the secret recipe!
They are 3 main stages that every single video production or film follows: PRE PRODUCTION, PRODUCTION, & POST-PRODUCTION
It’s really, REALLY, really important to define and have an idea! In the pre-production, you define important things such as:
Fun fact: Explainer Videos, Product Feature Videos, How to videos, are in the top 3 of most watched videos (besides entertainment of course)
Before recording also make sure to define things such as length and platform
- Facebook – Pretty relatable to everyone, length doesn’t matter, but keep it short 60 – 240 sec.
- Instagram – Lifestyle oriented. You have to be consistent with your posts or stories – the length should be short form
- Linkedin – Professional 60 – 240 sec
- Youtube – Paradise! No limits on time, you can host and embed videos, etc.
App recommendation: BigVu – Teleprompter for your phone
Go to vidyard.com and check out their blog
Let’s talk about quality! Your biggest enemy is content that isn’t pleasant to watch! You don’t need to spend thousands on equipment. You just need the basics to avoid the 5 enemies of a good video:
- Shakiness – Get a tripod (Amazon has phone tripods from $10)
- Bad Audio – If you have the money, you can buy a microphone. If not… Just make sure the location you choose is adequate
- Bad Framing – Not too close, not too far! Here are 2 terms that you can Google (Camera Shots & Rule of Thirds)
- Bad Light – iographer.com has bundles… But the point here will be. Don’t go with your eyes measurement, and use touching the screen of the phone to get a better measurement.
- Boringness – This is a mix of Pre Production & Post Production
3. Post Production
There are multiple free apps in the market to edit your video and give some uniqueness. The most important thing to understand is that simple details such as trimming the video using your native option on your phone is considered Post Production.
5 apps that you must download and play with if you want to start producing videos for your business:
Adobe Premiere Clip
- It’s free and works for Android and Apple
- A lot of “advanced” solutions at your disposal
- It’s free and works for Android and Apple
- Fast editing process, not much freedom, but great for beginners
- It’s Free but only for Apple Devices
- Powerful and intuitive, very easy to learn
- Free for both Android and Apple
- More advanced features when you are ready :
- Free for both
- More than an editor, it also lets you create fun animated texts and animated graphics.
Last but not least!!! Don’t be afraid to re-use EVERYTHING. It’s such an investment of time and energy… just create a lot of content.
Wandering Zen: “You Think You Know Disneyland” Contest & Lunar New Year @ the Disneyland Resort
At Wandering But Not Lost, we are always talking about taking the road less traveled and appreciating the little things that you come across on your journey. Disneyland is a great place to wander and hone your observation skills. The park is packed with detail, all of which is quite intentional and whether you notice it or not, it sets the mood and provides place setting.
How close do you pay attention to the details? Identify the location of 20 pics around Walt’s original Magic Kingdom and enter to win a $150 Disney Gift Card or an awesome Wandering But Not Lost Hoodie. You think you know Disneyland? Let’s find out… go to WanderingButNotLost.com to enter. Contest ends February 17, 2019.
The festivities are in full swing at Disney California Adventure through February 17th, 2019. Head on over to Paradise Park and find tasty treats that will tempt you, delicious libations, beautiful decorations, exhibits, music, along with meet & greets, a cultural cavalcade, and so much more.
Lunar New Year is one of my favorite of the festivals at Disney California Adventure. It can definitely hold its own up against the Festival of the Holidays, Dias de Los Muertos, and the Food & Wine Festival. They certainly get good use of those food booths throughout the year! This year, they’ve put together a great collection of food samplings and the area is once again transformed into a space that recognizes the traditions of cultures it honors.
First off, let’s take a look at what is being offered up this year in the food and drink category. All of the food sounds great, but you can only eat so much during one visit so we’ll definitely be heading back before the 17th. The prices and portions are in line with the other festivals and they do have a Sip and Savor Pass available which provides a little pricing relief. The Pass can be purchased at any of the food and merchandise booths in the area or at Elias & Co., and Kingswell Camera Shop on Buena Vista Street. Each Sip and Savor Pass is $39, including tax. In addition to a reduced price, Annual Passholders will also receive a special Passholder lanyard as well as buttons. Use your pass wisely, the pass includes 6 coupons redeemable at the food booth (not including alcohol). That makes each coupon worth $6.50. I all too often see people purchasing items that are less than $6.50 which eats away on your savings.
We happen to be at the park recently during a very rainy week in Southern California so the crowds were quite reasonable and we had little to no wait anywhere, although even on that slow day it appears that the Red Dragon Spice Traders booth is one of the festival favorites. This could be partly because it is the first and last booth you’ll pass, but also because both the chicken and short ribs offerings are quite tasty. Here is what’s on the menu this year:
- Firecracker Three Cup Chicken with Steamed Rice
- Steamed Short Rib Shumai with Spicy Korean Sauce, Sriracha-Mayonnaise and Cucumber Salad
- Purple Yam Macaron with Crème Fraiche
- Raspberry Lychee Chia Tea
- Char Siu Pork Bao, Chinese BBQ Pork with Pickled Red Onions and Jalapeño
- Mickey Chinese Hot Dog Bun
- Mango-Pineapple Pastry
- Winter Plum Blossom Gin Mul
- Crispy Shrimp Fried Rice with Garlic, Bacon, and Edamame
- Stir-fried Vegetables & Pineapple with Soy Protein, Steamed Rice and Crunchy Chow Mein Noodles
- Mandarin Orange-Green Tea Tart
- Vietnamese Iced Coffee
- Pan-fried Wheat Noodles with Chicken Meatballs, Cabbage Salad with Apple-Ginger Sauce
- Vegetable Egg Roll and Chilled Sesame-Garlic Noodles with Cilantro-Cashew Sauce and Toasted Peanuts
- Egg Tart
- Orchid Spritz
This year the Paradise Garden Grille is serving up:
- Whole deep-fried tilapia – the plate presentation on this one is impressive
- Vegan orange tempeh
- Korean grilled chicken and
- Banh Mi, a savory Vietnamese sandwich filled with meats and vegetables
- Mango mousse
- Tsingtao beer
Returning again this year is the Wishing Wall, a place to add your own special message of hope, health, and happiness for the upcoming year. We always love to step under the festive lanterns to read the wishes of others and to add ours to the collection.
There is a variety of entertainment options to add to the festivities so check the guide for what’s happening during your visit. Due to inclement weather, things were limited during our trip, but we did get to see a modified version of Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession and it’s the Year of the Pig so the elusive Three Little Pigs have come out of fiding to join the fun.
Gong Xi Fa Cai!
Mentioned in the Episode (Resources & Links)
- Sprout Social – How To Use Hashtags
- Social Media Examiner – How To Use Instagram Hashtags
- The 15 Best Mobile Video Editing Apps You Must Use in 2019
- Learn more about Lunar New Year – WANDERING ZEN: LUNAR NEW YEAR 2019
- Join the Wanderers Club for real estate business systems, social media training and more (only $197/year)
- Get travel tips & insights at Wandering But Not Lost
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST!
Share this Episode!