In Episode 58 of the Wandering But Not Lost Podcast, co-hosts Matt Emerson and Jan O’Brien begin a series on how to get more listings and Matt goes through his top 10 road trip movies so that you can live vicariously through film even if you are trapped indoors because of the crazy winter weather we are having!
WBNL 52: 7 Strategies to Get More Listings
EPISODE 17 http://wbnlpodcast.com/episode17/
We covered 8 strategies in Episode 17
Blog Post 15 Strategies to Get More Listings
- MORE VIDEO!
- Current market conditions
- Series on preparing and selling a home
- What you do to effectively market a listing, negotiate a sale and close
- Client Testimonials
- Your Database
- I may have a buyer for your home
- Online profiles and client reviews(Zillow, Realtor.com, Homes.com, com)
- Get an Automated Home Valuation System
- Surname Farm
- Hometown Farm
Here are the Other Seven Ideas
Advanced Referral Techniques
- Client Lunches/ Pop-bys
- Business to Business/Referral Directory
- Client Appreciation Events
- Host Educational Seminars
Social Media Strategies
- Host a Facebook page or group for your farm
- Posts that target homeowners (selling tips, home staging)
- Run targeted Facebook Ads for Sellers that drive traffic to your automated home value landing page (ePropertyWatch.com)
- Targeted audience (homeowners, likely to sell, demographic, home value, specific zip code or geographic area)
Advertising (Online and Offline)
- Marketing (offline) – targeted mailers; Just Listed/Just Sold postcards
- Purchase leads (HomeGain.com; TheRedx.com; HouseValues.com, Vulcan7.com)
- Offrs.com or SmartZip.com – predictive marketing / online farming system
- Networking (Join groups; attorneys; accountants; other business professionals)
- Create your initial letter and pre-listing packet and have them on hand
- Initial Call, mail or drop off your packet
- Have a follow-up system
- Call Old Expireds
- Hello, Mr./Mrs. ___________.
This is <agent name> with <company name>.
I have been going over my MLS records today and I noticed your home is no longer listed for sale.
Do you still want to sell the home? <yes/no>.
Would you be interested in finding out why it did not sell? <yes/no>.
What I can do is a free analysis that will determine the reasons why your home may not have sold. I can stop by for a few minutes later this week and share that information with you?
Would Thursday or Friday be more convenient? Morning or afternoon?
- Calling or knocking on the door with a script about “Do you cooperate with Realtors” / “If I bring you a qualified buyer and an offer to purchase will you pay a commission?”
- Previewing the home – build rapport (adding it to your inventory)
- Then an email or mail campaign weekly or every 10 days with another selling tip or item that is critical to the selling process (Home warranty, home inspection, required disclosures, resource kit, etc.)
Door Knocking (general and specific)
- Knock 20-30 doors – Just Listed/Sold
- Deliver Your Market/Neighborhood Updates to your Farm areas
- Always hold the first open house yourself on your listings!
- Special Neighborhood Preview
Wandering Zen – Stay In and Get Out! – Part 2
Looks like it’s going to be another great weekend to stay in and keep warm and dry so we’ve put together our list of the 10 best road trip movies so that you can get out while staying in! And, if you are a movie fan, don’t forget to tune into the 91st Academy Awards on Sunday at 5pm on ABC.