In Episode 6 of the Wandering But Not Lost Podcast, co-hosts Matt Emerson and Jan O’Brien discuss why you need a written operations manual for your business and how to create one. In Reach Your Peak, they have a conversation with mega-team leader Richard Brodkin about his nationally ranked real estate team. Then Matt and Jan share their recent Wandering Zen experience in the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area just outside of Las Vegas.
Q: Why Real Estate? A: Freedom. Anyone who has worked in corporate America knows you get paid well, great bonuses and travel but you are not free. Richard Brodkin, CEO of The Brodkin Group, Las Vegas Click To Tweet
Key Points & Takeaways
WBNL 52 Tip – Create Your Operations Manual
Why do you need one?
- Written procedures for the primary pillars of your business operation will provide consistency, efficiency
- Reflection of your expectations and standards for all team members
- Create checklists, job descriptions, and training document
- Key asset for your eventual Exit Strategy
- Build it as you go
- Leverage your admin staff if you have it
What are those key pillars of any business?
- Business Plan & Goals
- Database Management & Referrals
- Lead Generation & Marketing
- Client Service Pre, During and Post Sale
- Financial Management & Operations
For Real Estate Agents, Teams and Brokers:
- Listing System
- Buyer Sales System
- Recruiting & Growth Plan
- Hiring System
- Retention, Training, Coaching
Read our full blog post and download the procedures template here: Create Your Real Estate Operations Manual
Reach Your Peak – Interview with Richard Brodkin, Realty ONE Group
Rich Brodkin is a graduate of Rutgers University Brunswick, NJ and gained over 25 years of business experience before getting his Nevada real estate license. He held senior-level executive positions on the regional and national level in the beverage industry with companies such as Pepsi, Snapple, 7-UP, and Arizona Ice Tea. Rich was responsible for 11 manufacturing facilities as national vice president of sales and marketing.
Licensed in 2003, Rich spent the next 9 years as an independent agent ranking in the top 5% of production in Las Vegas with companies such as Prudential, RE/MAX, Keller Williams, and Realty ONE Group. In 2013, he created a business model working with new and inexperienced agents. He started with 3 agents, joined Realty ONE Group with 13 in 2013, and now has 100 plus agents on his team. The Brodkin Group earned the #4 position in the state of Nevada for sales and #7 for transaction dollar volume as verified by Real Trends Magazine.
Contact Rich at 702-575-1272 and to learn more about Rich and his team, visit: The Brodkin Training Method
Rich shares these key points, tips and insights about his team in this interview:
- His unique approach to team building and his model and team structure
- How he is truly a company within a real estate brokerage
- How he built his team to over 100 agents
- His proprietary Brodkin Training Method
- How he supports the growth and career development of his team members with management and leadership training/coaching
Wandering Zen – Red Rock National Conservation Area (Las Vegas)
Ice Box Canyon
Mentioned in the Episode (Resources & Links)
- Create Your Operations Manual post and Free Download
- The Brodkin Training Method
- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area
- Ice Box Canyon Trail in Red Rock Canyon
- Learn more about our Real Estate Team Builder Program (Agent Team Building in a Box)
- Join the Wanderers Club for real estate business systems, social media training and more (only $197/year)
- Get travel tips & insights at Wandering But Not Lost
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST!
Share this Episode!