In Episode 68 of the Wandering But Not Lost Podcast, co-hosts Matt Emerson and Jan O’Brien talk about new homes and how they are a bigger opportunity than you might think – and certainly not something you want to leave off the table for your buyers! In Wandering Zen, they welcome back globe-trotters, Juan and Claudia to the WBNL Podcast Studio to chat about how wandering can improve your creativity and much, much more.
WBNL 52: New Home Sales
- It’s not a complicated sale!
- New home models show great
- New home sales agents are generally well-trained and good at helping convert the sale
- Benefits to buyers
- No one has ever lived in the home
- Choosing upgrades and options to suit their needs and taste
- Eco-Friendly; latest tech Energy-Efficient
- Floor plan designs and options
- Builder warranties
- May be a higher price per sq ft than resale homes
- Longer sales cycle
- Not all builders pay a commission
- Client may go to new home site and register with out you
- All builders are not equal
- Upgrades are not cheap!
Top Tips for Adding New Construction to Your Residential Toolkit
- Preview new home communities. Know the inventory, builder incentives, standing inventory and if the builder pays a commission 1. New Home Source (Does your association or franchise have this new home tool?)
2. Nevada, New Mexico – Salestraq.com
- Meet and build relationships with onsite sales agents
- ALWAYS discuss new homes during the buyer consultation
- “Have you considered new homes?”
- Discuss why they need you as their agent – the on-site agent is representing the builder.
- Know the registration procedures for each builder. Can you register a client online? Do you have to take them to the community and register them in person? How long is the registration good for?
- Advertise new homes for lead generation (Get permission of the builder – use New Home Source listings)
- Social media – Facebook and Instagram ads
- Video tour of new homes
- Interview on-site agents
- Blog posts about new home community, builder spotlight
Also mentioned in this episode:
If you are in the Irvine, CA area and looking for a new home construction adventure, visit Altair
There are 29 models to wander and they range from 2,200 sq ft to over 6,500+ sq ft. In this episode, we talked a bit about the homes in the Lumiere tract. Incredible designs and state-of-the-art living spaces throughout these homes, even if they seem a bit over the top!
Juan and Claudia are back with us today to chat about how wandering helps promote creativity, wellness, romance, and a better quality of life. They practice what they preach. We invite you to listen to our globe trotting wanderers as they share their thoughts on the subject.