We conclude our series on how to move from being a Realtor into becoming a real estate business owner. In this segment, we discuss the importance of staying connected to your past clients and your sphere of influence. In Wandering Zen, we look at our third annual Best of Summer 2019 collection and chat about some of our favorites.
WBNL 52: Be a Real Estate Business Owner – Referrals
Today we conclude our series on how to Be a Real Estate Business Owner with how you stay connected to your past clients and your SIO.
- Closing gift
- Request a Client review…. Be prepared to ask 5 timesJ
Episodes 51 and 52
- Host a house warming/welcome to the neighborhood party
- Just moved kit (personalized return of address labels, postcard announcement
- Closing statement/letter follow-up to mail January 1
- Introduce your Client Appreciation Program
- Episode 31 – Best of the podcast has 4 Key Connections and Local Business Spotlight
Create Your Client Appreciation Program
Create a letter or email that introduces your program and outlines the benefits to the client. Here are two examples to get you started – just revise and customize to include the details of your program.
Let me take just a moment of your time to introduce a complimentary service I provide for my clients.
It features regular updates and analysis of our local and national real estate market, a referral directory of local businesses and services, an annual analysis of the market value of your home, invitations to our annual client appreciation party and a whole host of other helpful information you’ll receive on a regular basis.
I am dedicated to bringing you the excellent customer service that you deserve – and nothing less!
I look forward to staying in touch and I want to thank you for the opportunity to serve you as your Real Estate Professional.
Four Key Connections
- Closing Settlement Statement
- Home Anniversary Card Email and/or Call
- Birthday Card, Email and/or Call
- Annual Home Valuation
30-40 Connection Plan
- Monthly Newsletter
- Holiday Cards
- Market/ Neighborhood Updates
- Personal Notes
- Calls/Lunches for A+ and A Clients
SendOut Cards https://www.sendoutcards.com/app
Ask for referrals!
- Oh by the way … Who do you know…
- Reward your referrals
- Movie Tickets
- Gift Cards
- Car wash
- Gas cards
- Referral language in your email signature, letters, mailers
Cross Endorsement Program (Groupon Idea)
- Series of cross-promotional endorsements between you and other business
- Each endorsement must include a benefit to recipient (coupon, discount, item of value)
- Local Business Spotlight
- Promote in your monthly newsletter
- Send a letter to your database to see if they have a business or a service to promote
- Follow-up with a phone call to discuss
- Create a Directory (Hard Copy and/or Online)
- Real Estate Portfolio/Investing
- Home Selling & Buying Process
- Local Market Update
- Protecting Your Assets, Trust, Wills, Financial Planner
- Credit Repair and Credit Scores
Quarterly Thank You mailers or In-person delivery
- Batteries for smoke detectors
- Gift cert for house cleaning
- Book with a personal note
- Gift Basket with local products
Client Appreciation Week
- Consider implementing a week of Client Appreciation. Plan and coordinate something special either mailed, emailed, or texted every day for a week.
Client Appreciation Event Ideas
- Holiday Party
- Rent out a theater – weeknight
- Fundraising events
- Host a local event (sports, super bowl, etc.)
- Donation in the client’s name
- Newer restaurant, pub – co-promotion
- Rent a Food truck
- Host a Private Wine Tasting
- Small dinner party at your home
- Happy Hour event at a local venue
- Take everyone to a baseball game
- Early Halloween party with canned food donations
- Summer BBQ at your office, home or local park
- Bowling Alley party
- Create a family fun fair with face painting, games, etc.
- Host a blood drive
- Host a block party for a neighborhood that you work or live in
- Host a game night
Wandering Zen – The Best of Summer 2019
Summer conjures up memories from the past. Sights, sounds, smells, and thoughts of time spent with family and friends, with a good book, listening to music, going to the beach, or relaxing with a cool drink. Summer 2019 is upon us so it’s time to make some new memories and we have provided you with a little help to get you jump-started. Get up, get out, and enjoy the warm and carefree months ahead!