In Episode 89 of the Wandering But Not Lost Podcast, co-hosts Matt Emerson and Jan O’Brien begins a month-long look at 2020 Business Planning. In today’s episode, we focus on the first step – reviewing your YTD business. You can’t set goals until you know where your business is today. Then you can build a solid plan for the future. In Wandering Zen, Matt takes us on a haunted journey around the US and touches on things to do and places to go this Halloween season.
WBNL 52: YTD Business Review
OCTOBER is Business Planning Month!
WBNL Coaching and Home Connect America are offering their complete Real Estate Business Planning and Goal Setting Video Course and all supporting downloads for FREE!
3 Steps to a Powerful Real Estate Business Plan
Learn and implement the three steps to real estate agent goal setting and business planning.
- Write your goals and desired outcomes
- Create a written business action plan
- Measure and track your activities and results
Just visit this page to register for the FREEE course and to access all the Business Plan templates: http://joinhomeconnectamerica.com/blog/
In the next 3 Episodes we will break down the 3 Steps to a Powerful Real Estate Business Plan
Today, we want to share a critical pre-step and give you some homework to be ready for 2020 Business Planning – YTD Review of your business. We have outlined some steps and suggestions to conduct this annual review and analysis of your business. You have to know your production numbers, determine your return on investment for any major expenditures and get an overall picture of what has worked and not worked as anticipated this year.
Break-out your business plan and review your goals and business action plan for 2019. A Year to Date review is included in your WBNL Coaching Real Estate Business Plan to record your key numbers for the year. The spreadsheet will do some auto-calculations for you.
- Listing Taken, Listing Sold and Closed
- Buyer represented sales in escrow and closed
- Listing Sold Volume
- Sales Volume
- Average Days on Market
- Types of Transactions
Next, identify the SOURCES of business. This step is critical for helping you analyze a return on any marketing investment and deciding where and what to focus on for the coming year.
Assess Your Target Markets. What are the 3-5 target markets or niches you have focused on during the past year? What is your return on investment for each? Based on your initial analysis, what do you want to continue or refine for next year and what should you consider changing or dropping?
Update your personal and business budgets. Have you been tracking your actual expenses against your proposed budget for 2019? Have you incurred additional or unforeseen expenses? Where can you make changes or adjustments in your budgets?
Track Your Production. Use the Business Plan template to record your transactions year-to-date. Keep track of your closings, pendings and active listings to assess if you are on track to meet or exceed your goals this year.
Revisit Your Success Action Plan. Do you need to make any adjustments to your activities and strategies? Do you need to recommit to your daily, weekly, monthly activities for attracting business?
- Guide Book: 3 Steps to a Powerful Real Estate Business Plan
- Goal Writing Worksheets
- Real Estate Business Plan (Excel Spreadsheet)
- Income & Expenses Statement
- Business Budget
- Personal/Home Budget
- Success Action Plan
Wandering Zen – Halloween Hauntings
Dust off your broomsticks and deck the halls because Halloween Time is upon us again! When I was growing up Halloween was one of the best days of the year. We all looked forward to choosing a costume, an evening of fun and trick or treating, and sorting your candy afterward. Good times. The days of this being a one day holiday are long gone and it seems like the Halloween season gets longer and bigger every year. No complaints here! It is still fun and there are so many things to see and do for the whole family. Let’s take a look at what’s going on this year around the United States.
You don’t have to look far to find something in your area, from the mild to the monstrous, check out the links below and get your fright on!
The Big Picture
- Ind Haunts, Halloween, Escapes, & Attractions – Haunt World
- Corn Mazes – find one near you!
- Best Pumpkin Festivals – Martha Stewart’s picks
- Oktoberfest Celebrations – Travel Channel’s picks
- Six Flags – Across America – Fright Fest
- Disneyland Resort – Anaheim, CA – HalloweenTime
- Knott’s Berry Farm – Buena Park, CA – Knott’s Scary Farm
- Universal Studios Hollywood – Universal City, CA – Halloween Horror Nights
- The Queen Mary – Long Beach, CA – Dark Harbor
- Six Flags Magic Mountain – LA, CA – Fright Fest
- Winchester Mystery House – San Jose, CA – Unhinged!
- Fort Vannoy Corn Maze – Grants Pass, OR – Check it out
- Cedar Point – Sandusky, OH – Halloweenends
- Pumpkin Chunkin; – Rantoul, IL – World Championship
- Denver Botanical Gardens – Denver, CO – Glow at the Gardens
- Houston Ghost Tour – Houston, TX – Haunted Park
- Haunted House – Atlanta, GA – Netherworld
- Universal Orlando Resort – Orland, FL –Halloween Horror Nights
- Walt Disney World Resort – Orlando, FL – Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Busch Gardens – Tampa, FL – Howl-O-Scream
- Boston, MA – Haunted Boston
- Headless Horseman – Ulster Park, NY – Hayrides & Haunted Houses
- Central Park, NYC, NY – Pumpkin Flotilla