In Episode 20 of the Wandering But Not Lost Podcast, co-hosts Matt Emerson and Jan O’Brien discuss a technique for being consistent with your social media marketing: the Social Media 30-30. In the Reach Your Peak segment, they share YouTube Channel Tips. And in Wandering Zen, Matt interviews author Jenn Marie who is working on the third and final installment in her Young Adult Paranormal Romance series. We’ll learn her process and how she finds her writing zen.
WBNL 52 Tip – Social Media 30-30
The critical keys to a successful social media marketing plan are:
- Be consistent
- Post valuable, informative, inspiring, motivational
- Use quality visual images that are more likely to be shared
- Engage! Post comments, interact and communicate
Implement the Social Media 30-30-5 Plan
Schedule 30 minutes in the morning and another 30 minutes in the afternoon/evening and stay focused on executing the 5 strategies outlined below. It’s not enough to simply post content. You’ve got to engage, interact and connect with people to get the most out of social media for business.
These 5 strategies work best for Facebook and LinkedIn, however, can be slightly adapted for all the primary social media platforms. Stay on task and resist the urge to go down the “Internet Rabbit Hole!”
- Check-in or share an update (include a photo or video)
- Like, comment or share posts from your newsfeed (wall)
- Post an interesting, informative or inspirational link, quote or photo
- Send a Direct Message to a connection
- Add new connectionsBonus: Comment or share in a Group (Facebook, LinkedIn)
Read the Full blog post: Social Media 30-30 Plan
Reach Your Peak – YouTube Channel Tips
Finding/Creating Your Channel from your Google account
- Create a Google account (if you don’t already have one)
- Sign in to YouTube
- Try any action that requires a channel, such as uploading a video, posting a comment, or creating a playlist.
- If you don’t yet have a channel, you’ll see a prompt to create a channel.
- OR Sign in to your Gmail or Google account and navigate to all the google apps and tools (The nine squares located near your profile photo from your Gmail)Select YouTube.The menu is under your profile icon to navigate to My Channel and Creator studio
Customize your channel with visuals
- You can change your profile photo
- Add a Branded Cover Image (Channel Art). Recommended size is 2560 x 1440 (6 MB max)
Optimize your channel with brand details
- Click on About to add
- Channel Description
- Business Email/location
- Up to 5 links that will be an overlay on your cover image
- Websites/blog/other social media
Add videos and optimize them for search
CREATOR STUDIO: This is where you manage and your videos, playlists. Advanced features like Live Streaming and monetizing your channel are also located here. Once you start adding videos, you’ll want to optimize them for search, which in turn helps users discover your video.
- Title – Write clear, concise, compelling titles with keywords for you and your business
- This should be limited to 1,000 characters.
- YouTube only displays the first two or three lines of text, which comes to about 100 characters, so front-load the description with the most important information.
- Tags – add keyword tags that describe the video
- Category – choose one of the categories YouTube provides. This will group your content with similar videos.
Create Playlists once you have enough videos uploaded
Thumbnail Images – another opportunity to brand
When you upload a video – you can choose from 3 automatically generated thumbnails or upload your own
Add your logo as a watermark
Go to Channel > Branding
Hover over watermark brings up the subscribe button
You can add a card when you upload a video
Think call to action – links to your website
You get 5 cards per video
Wandering Zen – An Author’s Process: The Jenn Marie Story
Jenn is a full-time author who loves reading, writing, journaling and all things books! Currently, Jenn is working on the third and final installment in her Young Adult Paranormal Romance series and aims to publish it by the end of the year so she can take a break and travel with her husband before diving into her next series. Traveling has been a huge source of inspiration for her books. She feels there’s no better way to expand your horizons. Getting out there and seeking your next adventure is what it’s all about. She urges everyone to take risks and pursue what they love. It’s the best way to live!
- Website —http://jennmariebooks.blogspot.com
- Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJennMarie/
- Twitter — https://twitter.com/AuthJennMarie
- Goodreads — https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15269796.Jenn_Marie
Intertwined, the first book in her series was followed by Tethered – the following will grab your attention!:
Elizabeth and Adam survived the century-old curse that nearly claimed the lives of their counterparts, Josephine and Braden, but at what cost? As the veil between timelines continues to diminish, they yet again find themselves in a race against time to cheat death in the past in order to salvage their futures. But with the curse given form, everything is changing, leaving them vulnerable to new threats. No longer are the dangers of their former lifetime contained to the Jefferson Plantation—a land fraught with peril and where horror reigns every summer between July 20 and August 13. Until now … Having changed the past, history has rewritten itself, extending the last day of the haunting to August 31—their new expiration date. Without the aid of visions, though, Elizabeth and Adam must find a new way to uncover their past, leaving Adam to scour the plantation for clues, while Elizabeth learns how to access Josephine’s subconscious. Meanwhile, the Callahans—a vengeful family intent on keeping Elizabeth and Adam apart—will stop at nothing to preserve their bloodline and keep the curse from destroying their family. Will their ruthless antics prove tragic once more? Now more than ever, their love will be tested as Elizabeth and Adam contend with the forces of the curse and fight to save their counterparts in 1905. Will they overcome the odds stacked against them? Or will the curse claim them for good?
Stand tuned for Raveled by years end.
Wandering Inspires the Writer
Jenn traveled to North Carolina for inspiration on the setting for her series. The locations are real and you’ll find her descriptions are incredibly accurate and just might compel you to put the area on your travel to-do list! Take a quick tour on the map below.
Johnny Mercer Pier
historic downtown Wilmington
Fort Anderson Winnabow NC
Biltmore Estate in Ashville NC
Mentioned in the Episode (Resources & Links)
- Read the Full blog post:Social Media 30-30 Plan
- Hubspot article and download: How to Create a youTube Channel
- Subscribe to the WBNL Coaching YouTube Channel!
- Learn more about our Real Estate Team Builder Program( Agent Team Building in a Box)
- Join the Wanderers Club for real estate business systems, social media training and daily posts (only $197/year)
- Get travel tips & insights at Wandering But Not Lost
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST!
Share this Episode!